Jordan Brand has been one of the most iconic names in sneaker culture for decades, and the Jordan Low silhouette has been a popular choice among sneakerheads since its debut in the early 2000s.
With numerous colorways and collaborations, the Jordan Low has become a staple in the sneaker community, making it a tough task to narrow down the best of the best.
However, here are some of the top Jordan Lows that have made their mark in the sneaker world.
The Jordan 1 Low “Shattered Backboard” is an iconic colorway that pays homage to Michael Jordan’s dunk during a 1986 exhibition game in Italy. The sneaker features a black and orange leather upper, with a black Swoosh and a white midsole. The combination of the colors and the silhouette make this a must-have for any sneakerhead.
The Jordan 1 Low “UNC” is a nod to Michael Jordan’s alma mater, the University of North Carolina. The sneaker features a white leather upper, with a blue Swoosh and a blue outsole. The simplicity of the colorway and the clean design make this a timeless classic that can be worn with any outfit.
The Jordan 11 Low “Concord” is a classic colorway that first debuted on the Jordan 11 in 1995. The sneaker features a white leather upper, with black patent leather accents and a translucent outsole. The low-top version of the shoe maintains all of the elements that made the original so iconic, making it a must-have for any sneaker collector.
The Jordan 1 Low “Chicago” pays tribute to the city that Michael Jordan called home during his playing career. The sneaker features a white leather upper, with red accents on the Swoosh, heel, and outsole. The black Jumpman on the tongue adds a nice touch to complete the classic look.
The Jordan 5 Low “Fire Red” is a fresh take on the classic Jordan 5 silhouette. The sneaker features a white leather upper, with black and red accents on the midsole, tongue, and heel. The clear netting on the side of the shoe adds a unique touch, making this a standout sneaker that’s perfect for summer.
What is the history of the Jordan Low silhouette?
The Jordan Low silhouette was first introduced in 2003 as a low-top version of the iconic Air Jordan 1. The original Jordan 1 High was released in 1985 and was famously banned by the NBA for not meeting the league’s uniform policy. The sneaker quickly became a cultural phenomenon, with Michael Jordan himself becoming a global superstar and helping to elevate Nike’s brand to new heights.
In the years that followed, Nike released various iterations of the Air Jordan 1, including a low-top version. The Air Jordan 1 Low featured a similar design to the original high-top version, but with a lower cut that made it more versatile and easier to wear. The sneaker was also more affordable than its high-top counterpart, making it a popular choice for casual wear.
Over time, Nike continued to release new Jordan Low models, including low-top versions of the Air Jordan 5, Air Jordan 11, and Air Jordan 13. These sneakers retained the signature design elements of the original models but with a lower profile that offered a fresh take on the classic silhouettes.
Today, the Jordan Low remains a popular choice among sneakerheads and casual wearers alike, with countless colorways and collaborations that have become highly sought after by collectors.
Are there any limited edition or rare Jordan Low releases that are highly sought after by collectors?
Yes, there are many limited edition and rare Jordan Low releases that are highly sought after by collectors. Here are a few examples:
- Jordan 1 Low x Travis Scott “Mocha” – This collaboration between Jordan Brand and rapper Travis Scott features a brown and white colorway with a backwards Nike Swoosh. The sneaker was released in 2019 in limited quantities and has since become one of the most sought after Jordan Lows of all time.
- Jordan 1 Low “Paris” – This exclusive colorway was released in 2016 and was only available at Jordan Brand’s flagship store in Paris. The sneaker features a black leather upper with a metallic silver Swoosh and red accents.
- Jordan 11 Low “Derek Jeter” – This special edition sneaker was created to honor retired New York Yankees legend Derek Jeter. The sneaker features a navy blue suede upper with white accents and a translucent outsole. The sneaker was released in limited quantities in 2017 and has become a grail for many sneaker collectors.
- Jordan 1 Low “Fragment” – This collaboration between Jordan Brand and Japanese designer Hiroshi Fujiwara features a black and blue colorway with Fragment’s lightning bolt logo on the heel. The sneaker was released in 2015 in limited quantities and has become one of the most sought-after Jordan Lows of all time.
- Jordan 1 Low “Wings” – This special edition sneaker was released in 2016 and features a metallic silver upper with a tonal Wings logo on the heel. The sneaker was released in limited quantities and featured a unique numbering system on the tongue to signify its rarity.
These are just a few examples of the many limited editions and rare Jordan Low releases that are highly sought after by collectors. Due to their limited availability and unique designs, these sneakers can command high prices on the secondary market.
How do Jordan Lows compare to other Jordan silhouettes in terms of comfort and performance?
When it comes to comfort and performance, Jordan Lows generally compare favorably to other Jordan silhouettes. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Fit and Comfort: Jordan Lows typically have a snug fit that hugs the foot, providing a comfortable and secure feel. The low-cut design allows for greater range of motion in the ankle, which can be beneficial for those who prefer a more flexible fit. Many Jordan Lows also feature padded collars and cushioned insoles, which help to provide additional comfort and support.
- Cushioning: Jordan Lows use various types of cushioning, depending on the model. Some models feature Nike Air cushioning, which provides a responsive feel and absorbs impact during play. Others use foam or other types of cushioning, which may offer a softer feel.
- Materials: Jordan Lows are made from a variety of materials, including leather, suede, and synthetic materials. The quality of the materials used can have an impact on comfort and performance, with higher-quality materials often providing a more comfortable fit.
- Performance: While Jordan Lows are primarily designed for casual wear, many models are also suitable for performance on the court. The low-cut design allows for greater mobility, while the cushioning and traction systems help to provide support and grip on the court.
What are some popular ways to style Jordan Lows?
Jordan Lows are a versatile sneaker that can be styled in a variety of ways. Here are some popular ways to style them:
- Streetwear: Jordan Lows are a staple in the world of streetwear, and are often paired with jeans, joggers, or cargo pants. They look great with oversized t-shirts or hoodies, as well as with bomber jackets or denim jackets.
- Athleisure: Jordan Lows can be paired with athletic wear for a comfortable and stylish look. Try pairing them with leggings, joggers, or shorts, and a crop top or sports bra.
- Business Casual: If you work in a more casual office environment, you can wear Jordan Lows with chinos or slacks and a button-up shirt or blouse. Add a blazer or cardigan for a polished touch.
- High-Fashion: Jordan Lows have been featured on the runway in high-fashion shows, and can be styled in a way that elevates them to a more sophisticated level. Pair them with a tailored suit or dress and statement jewelry for a fashion-forward look.
- Summer Style: Jordan Lows can be a great option for summer outfits. Pair them with shorts and a tank top or graphic tee for a casual, comfortable look.
No matter how you choose to style them, Jordan Lows are a versatile sneaker that can add a stylish touch to any outfit.
Are there any upcoming Jordan Low releases that fans should be excited about?
Jordan Brand typically announces new releases on their website, as well as through their social media accounts on platforms like Instagram and Twitter. Sneaker blogs and websites like Sneaker News and Hypebeast also frequently report on upcoming releases, and often provide early looks at new colorways and collaborations.
If you’re a fan of Jordan Lows, it’s worth keeping an eye on these sources to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases. While there are no guarantees when it comes to sneaker releases, Jordan Brand is known for regularly dropping new colorways and collaborations, so there’s always a chance that something exciting could be on the horizon.