When it comes to listening to music, having the right headphones can make all the difference.
However, finding the perfect pair of headphones can be a daunting task, especially when you have a budget to stick to.
Thankfully, there are plenty of great options for headphones under $300 that offer excellent sound quality, comfort, and durability.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best headphones under 300.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a premium listening experience. These headphones offer fantastic sound quality and noise-canceling technology, making them perfect for use in noisy environments. The headphones feature touch controls, which allow you to adjust the volume, skip tracks, and take phone calls with ease. They also offer up to 30 hours of battery life, which means you can enjoy your music for longer without worrying about running out of power.
Bose is known for producing some of the best noise-canceling headphones on the market, and the QuietComfort 35 II is no exception. These headphones offer excellent noise cancellation, making them perfect for use in noisy environments like airplanes and trains. They also offer exceptional sound quality and a comfortable fit, making them an excellent choice for long listening sessions. The headphones feature touch controls and offer up to 20 hours of battery life.
The Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless headphones are a stylish and functional pair of headphones that offer excellent sound quality and noise-canceling technology. These headphones feature touch controls and offer up to 17 hours of battery life. They also come with a carrying case, making them easy to take with you on the go. The headphones have a comfortable fit and are made from high-quality materials, ensuring durability and longevity.
The Jabra Elite 85h headphones offer fantastic sound quality and noise-canceling technology, making them perfect for use in noisy environments. These headphones feature touch controls and offer up to 36 hours of battery life, which is impressive for headphones in this price range. They also have a comfortable fit and are made from high-quality materials, ensuring durability and longevity.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT headphones are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a pair of headphones that offer excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit. These headphones feature touch controls and offer up to 40 hours of battery life. They also come with a carrying pouch, making them easy to take with you on the go. The headphones are made from high-quality materials and offer a durable and long-lasting design.
Are wireless headphones better than wired headphones in this price range?
Whether wireless headphones are better than wired headphones in this price range depends on personal preferences and specific needs. Wireless headphones offer the convenience of not having to deal with wires and cables, which can be a great feature for people who move around frequently while listening to music. However, wired headphones typically offer better sound quality and a more stable connection.
In recent years, wireless headphones have improved significantly in terms of sound quality and stability, thanks to advancements in Bluetooth technology. Many of the headphones on the market today offer excellent sound quality, noise-canceling technology, and a long battery life, making them a great option for those who want the convenience of wireless headphones.
That being said, there are still some instances where wired headphones may be a better choice, such as when a stable connection and the highest sound quality is required. For example, wired headphones are often preferred by audiophiles who prioritize sound quality above all else.
Do any of these headphones offer a customizable equalizer?
Yes, several headphones in the under $300 price range offer customizable equalizers. An equalizer is a tool that allows you to adjust the balance of frequencies in your music, letting you tailor the sound to your personal preference. Here are some headphones that offer customizable equalizers:
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro: These headphones come with a detachable cable that includes a standard 3.5mm jack and a 6.35mm adapter. They also feature an adjustable bass reflex system that lets you customize the sound signature.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT: These headphones come with an EQ app that allows you to adjust the sound signature to your liking. The app features presets, as well as the ability to create custom EQ profiles.
- Sennheiser HD 660 S: These headphones have a neutral sound profile, but you can customize the sound signature using an EQ app. The app allows you to adjust the bass, midrange, and treble frequencies.
- Sony WH-1000XM4: These headphones come with a companion app that features a customizable EQ. The app also has presets for different music genres, as well as the ability to create custom profiles.
- Shure SRH1540: These headphones have a detachable cable and come with two sets of earpads that provide different levels of bass response. You can also customize the sound signature using an EQ app.
It’s worth noting that some headphones have a more neutral sound profile, meaning they do not enhance or suppress any particular frequency range. These headphones can still offer a high-quality listening experience, and they are often preferred by audiophiles. Nonetheless, having the ability to customize the sound signature can be a great feature for those who want to tailor the listening experience to their liking.
Which headphones are the best for working out?
When looking for headphones to use during a workout, there are a few features you should consider. Here are some of the best headphones for working out:
- Jaybird Vista 2: These earbuds have a comfortable fit and are water-resistant with an IP68 rating, making them perfect for sweaty workouts or runs in the rain. They also have a long battery life of up to 8 hours.
- Bose Sport Earbuds: These earbuds are sweat and weather-resistant, making them great for outdoor workouts. They also have a comfortable and secure fit, and the sound quality is excellent.
- Jabra Elite Active 75t: These earbuds are durable and waterproof with an IP57 rating, making them ideal for intense workouts. They have a snug fit and come with multiple ear tips to ensure a secure fit.
- Powerbeats Pro: These earbuds have a secure ear hook design that keeps them in place during high-intensity workouts. They are sweat and water-resistant with an IPX4 rating and have a long battery life of up to 9 hours.
- Sony WF-SP800N: These earbuds have an IP55 rating for sweat and water resistance, making them perfect for workouts. They also have a comfortable and secure fit and excellent noise-canceling technology to block out distractions.
Are noise-canceling headphones worth the extra cost?
Whether noise-canceling headphones are worth the extra cost depends on your personal preferences and how you plan to use them. Here are some factors to consider:
- Noise reduction: If you plan to use your headphones in noisy environments like airplanes, trains, or offices, noise-canceling headphones can be a game-changer. These headphones use microphones to analyze ambient noise and then create an “anti-noise” signal that cancels out the noise, making it easier to hear your music or audio. However, if you typically use your headphones in quiet environments, you may not notice a significant difference in sound quality between noise-canceling and regular headphones.
- Cost: Noise-canceling headphones can be more expensive than regular headphones, so you need to decide if the extra cost is worth it for your use case. While some budget options are available, the most premium models can cost several hundred dollars.
- Battery life: Noise-canceling headphones require power to operate, which means they have a built-in battery. This battery needs to be charged regularly, and the battery life varies depending on the model. If you plan to use your headphones for long periods, battery life can be a significant factor to consider.
- Sound quality: While noise-canceling technology can improve sound quality by reducing background noise, it can also impact the overall sound signature of the headphones. If you’re an audiophile, you may prefer regular headphones that offer a more natural sound signature.
In conclusion, noise-canceling headphones can be worth the extra cost if you plan to use them in noisy environments and want to reduce background noise. However, if you typically use your headphones in quiet environments or prioritize sound quality over noise reduction, regular headphones may be a better choice. Ultimately, it comes down to your personal preferences and use case.