EDC (Everyday Carry) pens are compact, durable, and versatile writing tools that are designed to be carried with you everywhere you go.
They come in various shapes, sizes, and materials, and are often made with high-quality materials like aircraft-grade aluminum, titanium, or stainless steel.
What is an EDC pen?
EDC (Everyday Carry) pen is a term used to describe a pen that is designed to be carried with you at all times. It is a compact, durable, and versatile writing tool that is often made with high-quality materials such as aluminum, titanium, or stainless steel.
EDC pens come in various shapes and sizes, and they are typically designed to be easy to carry in a pocket, purse, or backpack. They may feature special mechanisms like bolt-action, click mechanisms, or sliding mechanisms, and they are often refillable to ensure long-term use.
The primary purpose of an EDC pen is to provide a reliable writing tool that is always within reach. It is an essential item for people who want to be prepared for any situation and need to write things down on a daily basis. EDC pens are popular among professionals, students, outdoor enthusiasts, and anyone who values practicality and convenience.
Here are the 5 best EDC pens on the market:
- Fisher Space Pen: The Fisher Space Pen is one of the most popular EDC pens, known for its ability to write in extreme conditions, including zero gravity, and underwater. It features a pressurized cartridge that allows it to write upside down in any weather condition.
- Parker Jotter: The Parker Jotter is a classic EDC pen that has been around for decades. It’s made with a stainless steel body and features a click mechanism for easy deployment. The Jotter is also refillable, making it a sustainable choice.
- Big Idea Design Ti Pocket Pro: The Ti Pocket Pro is a premium EDC pen made with titanium. It features a unique sliding mechanism that adjusts it to fit various refill sizes, making it highly customizable.
- Tactile Turn Mover: The Tactile Turn Mover is a sleek and stylish EDC pen made with aircraft-grade aluminum. It features a bolt-action mechanism that is both fun and practical, as it helps to prevent accidental deployment.
- Schon DSGN Pocket Pen: The Schon DSGN Pocket Pen is a minimalist EDC pen made with machined aluminum. It features a compact design that is perfect for carrying in your pocket, and it comes with a sturdy clip for easy attachment.
What’s the point of using an EDC pen vs a traditional pen?
The main advantage of using an EDC (Everyday Carry) pen over a traditional pen is that it is designed to be carried with you at all times, ensuring that you always have a writing tool at hand when you need it. Traditional pens, on the other hand, can easily be forgotten or misplaced, and may not always be convenient to carry around.
EDC pens are typically smaller and more durable than traditional pens, making them easy to carry in a pocket or purse without worrying about them breaking or leaking. They are also often made with high-quality materials like aluminum or titanium, which can withstand the wear and tear of everyday use.
Another benefit of using an EDC pen is that they are often refillable, which makes them a more sustainable option. Rather than throwing away a pen when the ink runs out, an EDC pen can simply be refilled with a new cartridge, reducing waste and saving money in the long run.
Overall, the point of using an EDC pen is to have a reliable writing tool that is always accessible and durable enough to withstand everyday use. Whether you’re a student, professional, or outdoor enthusiast, an EDC pen can be a practical and convenient addition to your everyday carry items.
What are some common features and materials used in EDC pens?
Common features and materials used in EDC (Everyday Carry) pens include:
- Materials: EDC pens are often made with high-quality materials like aluminum, titanium, or stainless steel, which are durable, lightweight, and resistant to wear and tear.
- Size and weight: EDC pens are typically small and compact, designed to fit easily into a pocket, purse, or backpack. They are also lightweight, making them easy to carry around without adding extra bulk or weight.
- Refillable: Many EDC pens are refillable, which means they can be reused with a new ink cartridge rather than being thrown away when the ink runs out. This makes them a more sustainable option than traditional pens.
- Mechanisms: EDC pens may feature different mechanisms for deployment, such as bolt-action, click mechanisms, or sliding mechanisms, which can be both functional and fun to use.
- Grip: EDC pens may feature specialized grips, such as knurling or textured patterns, to ensure a comfortable and secure grip when writing.
EDC pens are designed to be durable, functional, and convenient writing tools that can be carried with you at all times.
No matter which EDC pen you choose, make sure it fits your needs and preferences. Consider factors like size, weight, materials, and refill options to find the best one for you.