Danner is a company that has been making high-quality boots for over 80 years.
They are known for their durable construction, comfortable fit, and classic style.
Here are some of the best Danner boots available:
Danner is a company that has been making high-quality boots for over 80 years. They are known for their durable construction, comfortable fit, and classic style. Here are some of the best Danner boots available:
- Danner Mountain Light: The Danner Mountain Light is a classic hiking boot that has been a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts for decades. It features a full-grain leather upper, Gore-Tex lining, and a Vibram Kletterlift outsole. The boot is handcrafted in the USA and is known for its durability and comfort.
- Danner Bull Run: The Danner Bull Run is a work boot that is designed for all-day comfort and durability. It features a full-grain leather upper, a steel shank for support, and a slip-resistant outsole. The boot is also electrical hazard resistant, making it a great option for those working in construction or other hazardous industries.
- Danner Jag: The Danner Jag is a versatile boot that is perfect for outdoor adventures or everyday wear. It features a suede and nylon upper, an EVA midsole for cushioning, and a rubber outsole for traction. The boot is lightweight and comfortable, making it a great choice for hiking, camping, or casual wear.
- Danner Acadia: The Danner Acadia is a tactical boot that is designed for law enforcement and military personnel. It features a full-grain leather and 1000 denier nylon upper, Gore-Tex lining, and a Vibram Kletterlift outsole. The boot is also waterproof and breathable, making it ideal for harsh outdoor environments.
- Danner Quarry: The Danner Quarry is a heavy-duty work boot that is designed for maximum protection and durability. It features a full-grain leather upper, steel toe for protection, and a Vibram Quarry outsole for traction. The boot is also electrical hazard resistant and is built to withstand the toughest work environments.
Are Danner boots worth the investment?
Many people consider Danner boots to be worth the investment due to their high-quality construction and durability. Danner has been making boots for over 80 years and is known for using premium materials and traditional manufacturing methods to create boots that are comfortable, functional, and long-lasting. While Danner boots may be more expensive than some other brands, many customers find that the quality and longevity of the boots make them a worthwhile investment in the long run. Additionally, Danner offers a resole program for many of their boots, which can extend the life of the boots even further.
How do you break in Danner boots?
Breaking in Danner boots is an important process to ensure that they fit comfortably and perform well over time. Here are some tips for breaking in Danner boots:
- Wear them around the house: Start by wearing your boots around the house for short periods of time. This will help your feet adjust to the fit and break in the leather.
- Take short walks: After wearing your boots around the house, start taking short walks outside. This will help you get used to the feel of the boots on different surfaces.
- Use a boot stretcher: If your boots are particularly tight, you may want to use a boot stretcher to gently stretch the leather and make them more comfortable.
- Apply leather conditioner: Regularly conditioning the leather with a quality leather conditioner can help soften the leather and speed up the breaking-in process.
- Wear them regularly: The more you wear your Danner boots, the more they will conform to the shape of your feet and become comfortable. Be patient, as it can take several weeks or even months to fully break in a pair of boots.
Remember, breaking in your Danner boots is an important step to ensure that they fit well and provide the support and protection you need. Be patient and take your time, as rushing the process can lead to discomfort or even injury.
Are Danner boots waterproof?
Many Danner boots are designed to be waterproof, using materials such as Gore-Tex or Danner Dry liners to keep water out. However, it’s important to note that not all Danner boots are waterproof, so it’s important to check the specific features of the boots you’re interested in before purchasing.
If you’re looking for a waterproof Danner boot, you can check the product description to see if it is advertised as waterproof or includes any waterproofing technology. Additionally, some Danner boots are designed specifically for wet or rainy conditions, such as the Danner Explorer 650 or the Danner Mountain 600 EnduroWeave, which have been treated with a durable water-repellent (DWR) finish for added protection. Overall, if you need a waterproof boot for your needs, Danner has a variety of options available to choose from.
Can Danner boots be resolved?
Yes, Danner boots can be resolved. In fact, many Danner boot owners choose to have their boots resoled to extend the life of the boot and save money on buying a new pair.
Danner has its own in-house boot repair service called the Danner Recrafting Program. Through this program, customers can send their boots to Danner’s factory in Portland, Oregon, to have the boots resoled and repaired. The process includes complete disassembly of the boot, cleaning, and conditioning of the leather, and the replacement of the outsole, midsole, and welt (if necessary). The boots are then shipped back to the customer with a new Danner Recrafting stamp, indicating that the boots have been repaired by Danner’s team of expert craftsmen.
The cost of the Danner Recrafting Program varies depending on the type of repair needed, but typically starts around $150. This may seem expensive, but it’s often much cheaper than buying a new pair of high-quality boots. Additionally, the Danner Recrafting Program comes with a new one-year warranty, so you can be confident that your repaired boots will last for years to come. Overall, the ability to resole Danner boots is a valuable feature that adds to the longevity and durability of these boots.